Sample Catalogs and Information:
- Information of Samples
Please read text in following links carefully before the submission.
- Sample handling
- Possible contaminations
- Instructions of the sample catalog
- Infomation of sample container
Catalogs of samples available at 3rd AO
The Sample Catalog will be enhanced and will serve better in future research opportunities as increasing analysis results are returned from the Investigators. The Sample Information Sheet shows the minimum information that must be provided to the Curator upon completion of an investigation.
- Pristine particles (category 1 and 2)
- Particles analyzed in previous studies (category 1 and 2)
- Carbonaceous particles (category 3)**
**Note: Origin of category 3 particles, mainly composed of carbon, is uncertain and is still under investigation. So far, there are no signatures for extraterrestrial origin of them. Please refer following information of the preliminary examination of category 3 particles, if you intend to submit applications for category 3 particles.
EPS Special issue: Science of solar system materials examined from Hayabusa and future missions (open access)
Ito et al., (2014) 66:91
Uesugi et al., (2014) 66:102
Yabuta et al., (2014) 66:156
Summary sheets of preliminary examination
- Further information of Hayabusa-returned samples and results of investigations are available in Curation Web page